Author Topic: Servers Updated  (Read 958 times)

Offline Electric Warrior

• The Sanctuary UK Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
  • To find your mind...... you have to lose it first.
    • View Profile
    • The Sanctuary UK
Servers Updated
« on: May 13, 2016, 07:23:25 AM »
The servers have now been updated to engine version v3398447.

This was to sort out some issues:

Fix potential security issues.
Fix a case where changelevel2 would print a map not found error and fail to function in SDK2013 mods.
Fix an exploit that could be used to crash dedicated servers.

The servers seem to be working OK, and all of the plugins seem to have survived the update and the BOTS are working as usual.

If you discover any problems with anything (but not your terrible gameplay  ;D ),  please let me know, so that I can investigate, thank you.  ;)

"Show them respect. If you are ferocious in battle, remember to be magnaminous in victory." - Lt Col Tim Collins.
"We won't be druv" - Sussex Motto
Don't count your weasels before they've popped!

Offline MajaDamaj

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Servers Updated
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:47:14 AM »
Many thanks, Mick,I was playing Castle the other day and the Blue Room warning wasn't showing and the deer wasn't showing.

Offline Electric Warrior

• The Sanctuary UK Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
  • To find your mind...... you have to lose it first.
    • View Profile
    • The Sanctuary UK
Re: Servers Updated
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »
Many thanks, Mick,I was playing Castle the other day and the Blue Room warning wasn't showing and the deer wasn't showing.

Thanks for your report John.  I've just been in to dm_castle_sanctuary on the server, and all seems to be OK. I checked all of the logos and pictures, so it might have been temporary glitch or even possibly a fault where your local machine did not load the resources, which can happen sometimes.   You can overcome this by logging out and back in so to reload the map. It could also be where the server doesn't cache all of the resources on map loading (although less likely), and it will be corrected on next time the particular map is loaded onto the server.

Appreciate the feedback ;)
"Show them respect. If you are ferocious in battle, remember to be magnaminous in victory." - Lt Col Tim Collins.
"We won't be druv" - Sussex Motto
Don't count your weasels before they've popped!